Contract Received!

Hopefully you saw the announcement on Twitter or Facebook.  We finally received paperwork from AMC Newport on the Levee!  Of course, this is very exciting news for us all.  I was sure to confirm receipt and pass on those sentiments to Doug, the GM at the theater.  Now what?  I'm glad you asked.

As for me, I'm heading on a long-awaited vacation with my family for the next week (celebrating Mom's 60th at the beach).  However, thanks to the fine folks on staff with me, things will continue to roll ahead with regards to Grace Fellowship | Newport.  Don't be shy about praying for the following items that will take place while I'm gone: 
  • Contract will continue to be reviewed by different key leaders on our end to ensure the binding agreement we enter into is mutually acceptable and serves our needs.  There were no surprises in the contract at first glance, but this is a big commitment of a lot of our resources (people, efforts, time and monies).  I'm thankful for the many godly, experienced, and well-trained eyes that will be reviewing the details and asking helpful questions before we sign.
  • Small Groups kick off this week!  Even though we're many weeks away from a launch, our people will begin to have a presence in Newport and the surrounding areas this week in their Small Groups.  God has blessed us with 9 Small Groups to start off with, all of which will be associated with our new campus.  These will be great times of fellowship and growth for us, but also may serve as great entry points for newcomers (but more on that later). 
  • More eyes will see the facility.  Todd Richmond and I took a look at it and were very pleased with what we found.  However, there are many key leaders who will look for certain things that pertain to their area of expertise.  God's Word tells us that we're members of the body of Christ and, just as the different parts of our physical body have different purposes and functions, so it is within the Church (Rom. 12; 1 Cor. 12).  I can't tell you how thankful I am for the core team the Lord has formed.  Serving alongside these folks is a joy.  If you're among those joining us at Newport, you'll see what I mean.
  • I'm trying to schedule a visit to a church that meets in a movie theater.  Another member of our staff found a church that has been meeting in a movie theater for quite some time.  It's my desire to worship with them on a Sunday morning, and hopefully get some time with them the next day to meet with whatever key leaders would be willing to meet with me and my key leaders.  Please pray my emails will fall into the right inboxes and that people would be able and willing to help us out.
Hope you're as excited as we watch God put all the pieces together in His perfect timing.  Thanks for praying, and don't you dare stop.

In Christ,

Pastor Peter LaRuffa
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger