What's the Bible All About: Part Three



This week, we're hosting a five part interview here on the blog on our upcoming series, What's the Bible All About.  Senior Pastor Brad Bigney was willing to answer some questions to give us an inside scoop on what makes him so excited about this series, when to invite guests and resources to help us dig in deeper beyond Sunday morning.  So, without further ado, here's part three of five.  (And if you missed the first two, check them out here and here.)


Question: What passages of scripture have you been spending the most time in when preparing for this series?

Senior Pastor Brad Bigney:  This is actually one of those series that is more of a lifetime of preparation than it is hunkering down and studying one particular passage. I’ve been reading through the entire Bible each year for the past 6 years now, and I’ve been reading my Bible daily since I was 19. So, I’ve had a steady intake of Bible for the past 31 years. In fact, I have owned the same Bible that I have right now for the past 30 years.  This series requires the ability to back away from the details and to put a hold on drilling down into any specifics and to see the overall, big picture.

There was actually a class in my undergraduate studies at Columbia Bible College that first lit a fire in me for the overall scope and sweep of what is going on in the Bible.  I grew up in the church, but no one before had ever led me to step back and get the big picture of what the Bible was all about.  I still remember walking out of that class and thinking, ‘This changes everything.  I don’t think I’ll ever be the same.’  I was so excited and fired up.  So many things just clicked and fell into place for the first time.
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger