What's the Bible All About: Part Two



This week, we're hosting a five part interview here on the blog on our upcoming series, What's the Bible All About.  Senior Pastor Brad Bigney was willing to answer some questions to give us an inside scoop on what makes him so excited about this series, when to invite guests and resources to help us dig in deeper beyond Sunday morning.  So, without further ado, here's part part two of five.  (And if you missed the first one, check it out here.)


Question: What are you most excited to share in this series?  What makes you excited about it?

Senior Pastor Brad Bigney: The thing that excites me the most about this series is to see the ‘light’ click on for so many people. Every time I’ve done this series (this is my third time in 17 years) people get excited about their Bibles like never before because they have a framework and a string that is connecting all the thoughts together.  With that string in place so many other things start to fall into place and make more sense.

One historian said, “Most people’s knowledge of history is like a string of pearls without the string.”  

I think that statement today is especially true of Bible history and Bible facts. A lot of people know some of the Bible characters and Bible stories but they have no idea how to string it all together.  I know I didn’t.  I grew up church.  I attended Vacation Bible School. I sat through Sunday School lessons – and listened to sermons, but I still did not have what I needed to fit it all together.  Nobody gave me the string that runs through the middle of it all!  That’s what I want to highlight in this series.  I want to give you the string that runs through the middle of it all.  I want to give you the biblical string that causes each one of the specific Bible ‘pearls’ or stories or characters to hang together –so that it starts to make sense, and so that when we’re finished we’ll have a beautiful piece of jewelry that worth owning – and worth giving our lives for. 

Here’s the string that holds it all together… you ready?  

That string that runs through the heart of the Bible is crimson red – it’s the theme of REDEMPTION or salvation.  

The big theme in the Bible is RESCUE.  

God is on a rescue mission for Man – on a scale that has never been seen before.  

That’s the string that holds all the other ‘pearls’ together.  The Bible has one primary purpose and it lifts up one great theme as it answers one main question: 

How can sinful people be made right with God? How can you be saved? 

That’s the biggest question that every human being faces!  

Not, ‘What will I do when I grow up?’  Not ‘Who will I marry?’  Not ‘Where should I invest my money?’  No!  The biggest question – with eternal ramifications is,  “What are you going to do with your sin, in light of a holy God?”  Where can I put it?  How can I get rid of it?  How can I shake this off once and for all? The Bible answers that question!
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger