A "Thank You" w/ Extra Cheese

Just last week, I had the opportunity to express our gratitude to the theater staff for the outstanding service they provide each and every week.  I'd been wanting to do this for quite some time, but oftentimes would learn that Doug, the General Manager, wasn't going to be in that day (and I definitely wanted him to be there), or perhaps my schedule wouldn't allow me to on a day he would've otherwise been available.  We've met for coffee before to talk shop, as well as to get to know one another a bit more (it doesn't hurt that he's an avid baseball fan), but nothing beyond that.

Last week, it all fell into place, and I was able to treat the staff to a pizza lunch on behalf of GFC Newport.  I'm sure I interact with them more than most of you do, particularly throughout the week.  You should know that no matter what time I show up, and what I ask of them, they're always smiling, happy to see me, asking how it's going for us, and unbelievably friendly and kind.  Service requests are usually fulfilled before the following Sunday rolls around. They help me think through things in order to better meet our needs, and are always willing to consider a new idea that helps meet our needs, even if it is rather unconventional (like storing some of our stuff underneath the movie screen so as to save time setting up and tearing down.  You know we do that, don't you?)  {;-)

I boought them food from my favorite Newport pizza joint, Strong's Brick Oven Pizzeria (just south of the Levee on Monmouth St.).  They were SO excited!  One staff member in particular pulled me aside and thanked me so much for bringing in the good stuff, saying "Wow, man.  I can't afford pizza like this.  Thank you so, SO much!"


Some of our folks at GFC Newport have really gone out of their way to befriend the staff.  One in particular regularly shares prayer requests with us, and that came as the result of one of our Welcome Team members reaching out to him and asking if there was anything he could be praying for.  If you have the opportunity, express your gratitude to the theater staff when you see them, and let them know they're doing a great job.  Also, consider asking them if they have a prayer request.  Maybe you'll get to pray with them on the spot, or could commit to praying for them throughout the week.  Either way, the next time you see them, you'll have a conversation starter right in your hip pocket as you perhaps ask them for an update.

Speaking of ministering to others with Prayer, I broke in the Prayer Stand last week at Fountain Square!  It was a great, great time.  I'll tell you more about it in my next post.  Stay tuned!


God bless,

Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger