Breaking In the Prayer Stand

At our recent Forum, I revealed what was in the mysterious black bag.  It was, in fact, the Prayer Stand.

Last week, I took it with me to Fountain Square hoping to be able to interact with some folks, pray for their needs, and show them the love of Christ.  I only had about 90 minutes (I was there from 11:30 AM  - 1:00 PM, so there were plenty of people there eating lunch), but in that short amount of time, the Lord was pleased to allow me to pray with 8 different people.




I prayed for a guy's union contract to be finalized.  He was from upstate NY and had been here for several weeks for negotiations.

I prayed for a woman's health.

I prayed for a guy's start-up business to get off the ground and do well.

I prayed for a woman who was so sad about losing her baby last month.

I prayed for a woman who was fostering a child and was very concerned about the child's well-being with the family that adopted him.

I prayed for someone else who was having a hard day at work.

Some people asked me to pray for them, but didn't have the time to stay there while I prayed so I let them go on their way, and I sat in my chair, and quietly prayed for them.

Others had more time and stood around to talk more about the Gospel, GFC Newport, biblical counseling ministry, and other topics.

Some people stared and smiled, while others stared and sneered.  Some stared and chuckled, and others stared and rolled their eyes.  Sure, the vast majority of people I extended an offer to pray for said "no," but some said "yes" and those were precious times indeed.  It really was a great time.

I was so sad to have to leave, but I had prior commitments that afternoon so I couldn't stay longer.  Lord-willing, I'll be back...and I hope you'll join me!  I'll tweet and post on Facebook when I'll be heading down there next.  I'll try to do another lunch hour (in case you're nearby and can stop by), and I'll try to go there one evening so maybe you could stop by after work.

Oh, and while I've got you, I'm trying to figure out what is the "Fountain Square" for other areas that we draw from at GFC Newport - like Bellevue, Covington, Ft. Thomas, Highland Heights, and Newport itself.  Is there a central location where people hang out?  Is there a common place that most people walk through on their way to where they're going?  That might be a great place to set up the Prayer Stand with your Small Group one evening and see what God might do.  Let us know on Facebook.

In Christ,

Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger