From Pastor Peter 25-Oct-2013



Dear Grace Family,


Thank you

I wanted to take a brief opportunity to share a word of thanks to SO many of you who have offered some of the most encouraging words regarding my sermon last week on homosexuality and how we are to respond.  Being a part of such a Word-centered and responsive church like GFC is good for my walk with Christ, as your desire to walk closely with the Savior and be more like Him serves as an encouragement for our family as well, both personally & ministerially.  May God continue to use the preaching of His Word for His glory at our church, and may we continue to be found faithful as we seek to walk in a manner worth of our calling as adopted sons & daughters of the Lord (Eph. 4:1).

I Miss You!  :(

One last Sunday, friends, and then I'm looking forward to worshiping with you once again and preaching live next week at Newport.  Preaching at Florence and the travel I've done over the past week (some work-related, and some getting to see some family while away) has been busy, but very sweet.  The conference I attended was very helpful and encouraging, offering fresh insight into the Word for me as a leader and as a child of God.  Thank you for praying for this time, and know that I can't wait to see you again face-to-face!

This Sunday

We’ll keep building on the foundation we’ve laid so far, as Pastor Brad gives us some strategies for staying sexually pure in a sex-saturated society.  The strategies will apply to all of us, but there will make special application to those of you who are not married, as it’s become more difficult harder to stay sexually pure today.  To get ready for Sunday – read Ephesians 4:17-20 and 5:1-7.

Also, thank you so much for the great response from so many of you regarding God’s call to invest your money into your local church and what God is doing in and through us.  A lot of you that are new to the church have jumped in and started giving for the first time, as well as dozens more of you that have taken that step to sign up for an EFT.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  If you’ve been praying and you’re ready to sign up for an EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) you can do so by clicking HERE.

Also, if you're considering supporting Kingdom work done at GFC, please know that we try to make wise use of the money you give, most notably by not spending it all on ourselves.  Most churches our size spend 90% of their budget on salaries, wages, benefits, plus facilities, and the remaining 10% goes to fund all of their ministries – including missions.  Not so at Grace!  This year only 47% was spent on SWB (salaries, wages, benefits), and another 21% was allocated to missions, leaving another 32% for ministries and facilities.

We’re also working hard to knock out that facility part.  Our goal is to have this facility paid off and to be DEBT-FREE by 2020 – in 7 years!  And we’re on track to do that by paying an extra $150,000 every year towards reducing our debt.  If we’re able to do that, we’ll be debt-free by 2020.  But to do that we need you to give generously and sacrificially.  Would you consider giving a special gift towards debt reduction that would help us pay the extra $150,000 this year?

It's a joy to be in the same church body as you.  What an even greater joy it will be to be in the same church building as you next week!  I look forward to seeing you then, and will be thinking about and praying for you this Sunday and in the days ahead.

Much love,


Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger