From Pastor Peter 03-Jan-2014




Dear Grace Family,

Happy New Year!  Whether you were up late ringing in 2014 or simply woke up to it, I hope this past week was a blessed one for you as we begin another calendar year serving our great God together.

This Sunday

First, I asked you to please pray for my sermon this Sunday, and I want to thank you for responding like you did.  Several of you have followed up with me and asked for more specific ways to pray.  What a joy it is to serve as an under-shepherd to a flock of such responsive, loving, prayerful folks like you.  Thanks again!

This is an important Sunday for us as a church as I'll seek to use it to preach a vision-casting message for us as we move ahead into 2014 at GFC Newport.  If it were possible, I'd take all that's on my heart and preach it over the course of 2-3, maybe 4 Sundays.  But God has other plan (better plans) and I have two opportunities, one of which is this Sunday.  Please pray for me as I continue to prepare to open the Word with you at church on Sunday.

Save the Date - GFC Newport Forum on Mon, 13-Jan!

I said I have two opportunities to cast some vision.  The first of which is this Sunday, and the next one will be at our next Forum on Mon, 13-Jan, 7 PM at the Florence campus (light refreshments and childcare will be provided).  At that meeting, we'll discuss important practical points of application from this sermon, and hopefully flesh out a bit of what I hope God will do among us this year at GFC Newport.  I'd love it for as many people to be there as possible, so please make every effort to have at least one member of your family present to better understand some of the ways in which I hope to "grow deep" together throughout this year.

Stay warm.  See you on Sunday!


Love in Christ,

Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger