From Pastor Peter 30-May-2014




Dear Grace Family,

This Sunday: New Sermon Series Begins!

This Sunday marks the beginning of a new Summer sermon series called "The Church."  The culture in which we live definitely shows itself to be more hostile than welcoming to the things of God, perhaps now more than ever.  What does the future hold for the church?  What will "the church" look like for our children and grandchildren?  Is she a quickly fading fad, or is there more?  It's questions like these that will drive us to the Word of God for answers in the weeks ahead (more info HERE).




I get to kick off the sermon series this week by preaching a message entitled "The Church and Her Place in History."  I'll miss being with you this Sunday as I serve at our Florence campus.  I look forward to seeing you again next week.

Thanks for praying for our special guests from Newport Intermediate School last Sunday!

Perhaps you recall me asking you to pray for kids we specifically invited to church last Sunday by way of a handout we sent home with students on Friday with an invitation to come.  Sadly, no one showed.  I spoke with the principal and we're not too sure why since there are SO many factors at play.  (Did the handouts make it out of the kids book bag?  Did parents not want to take them?  Did the holiday last weekend play a part?)  Who knows?  Well, God does.  I'm thankful for how he's blessed us in our efforts at the school throughout the year.  Let's think & pray about more ways we can link that work with our worship services.  Got an idea?  I'd love to hear!  Call me at the church office or shoot me an email to peterlaruffa[at]graceky[dot]org.  I'd love to chat with you.


As always, I'll be thinking about and praying for you while I'm preaching this Sunday.  Looking forward to seeing you next week!


Love in Christ,

Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger