From Pastor Peter 17-Oct-2014



Dear Grace Family,

I'm looking forward to being back with you at church this Sunday!  Ryan Fultz will be taking us back a bit in Rom. 8 to cover the verses I skipped over last Sunday, specifically Romans 8:5-13.  I'm excited to focus on what God's Word has to say about the life in the Spirit we've been given.  Hope to see you there!

Coming Soon: More Outreach Opportunities at Newport Intermediate School!

Yesterday, I had a great meeting with a Guidance Counselor and Family Resource Coordinator at the Newport Intermediate School.  I also got to see Kyle Niederman once again, only this time he's the school Principal (he was Asst. Principal last year).  I wanted to congratulate them on the great press they got in the Enquirer a few weeks ago for the progress they're making, as well as learn about what ways we might serve them again this school year.  I came away with lots of notes and ideas, and look forward to spending some time in prayer, as well as talking to some of our Small Group leaders and staff to see what might be the best way to come alongside them.  Please pray for me as I do that over the next two weeks.

A Request for Prayer (and Brainstorming)

Also, while I'm overjoyed to be serving them in the ways they suggested, it's my heart's desire to somehow, in some way, use this as a bridge between them and our church.  I'd love to see these students and their families join us for worship on a Sunday and give them the life-changing, life-giving Word of God we know and love so dearly.  This is something else I plan on spending some focused time in prayer and thought on.  Will you join me in praying for that?  I'd definitely appreciate it.  Oh, and if you have any ideas as to how we might better connect them to our church, I'd love to hear from you!  Call me at the church office during the week (859-371-7880) or drop me a note at peterlaruffa[at]graceky[dot]org.  I look forward to hearing from you!


Have a blessed weekend,

Pastor Peter
« »

Grace Fellowship Church | Newport All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger